Call for Scores
Scores will be accepted from emerging composers who have not yet established widespread peer recognition. The processing fee ($35 for the first score; $30 for each additional score if you are submitting multiple works) must accompany each submission. The submitted score(s) should be no longer than 15-minutes.
Instrumentation may include up to the following:
- 3 flutes (1 doubling piccolo)
- 3 oboe (1 doubling English Horn)
- 3 clarinet (1 doubling bass clarinet)
- 3 bassoon (1 doubling contrabassoon)
- 4 horns, 3 trumpets (3rd is bass trombone)
- 3 trombones
- 1 tuba
- 1 timpanist
- 3 percussion
Concertos, vocal works, and works for only strings, woodwinds or brass are not eligible.
All submissions must be received online by March 31, 2014 to be considered for the 2014-15 season.
How to Apply:
Please upload the following on the online application below:
- Composer biography
- Program notes, including the work’s performance history
- Electronic score file in PDF format
- Audio file of work in mp3, aiff, or wav format (if available)
- Payment for the correct processing fee in US Dollars through PayPal. (The fee will be calculated as $30 for each score, plus a $5 handling fee.)
The winner(s) for 2014-15 will be announced in April, 2014.